After more than 5 months, how many times has the MNR tried?
These are the stakeholders:
- Beausoleil First Nation (Indian Act band council),
- Ministry of Natural Resources/Ontario Parks,
- local governments (Springwater Township, Simcoe County and City of Barrie),
- AWARE Simcoe,
- Jim Wilson MPP,
- Premier Wynne’s office,
- community groups (Ian Taylor and Les Stewart),
- Midewiwin Lodge (Anishinabe educational and spiritual leaders, see Thoughts from a Born-Again Pagan, SooToday.com), and
- Springwater Park – Camp Nibi grandmothers (Elizabeth Brass Elson).
How sincere is it for the MNR to claim (1) that they want a partnership and then (2) refuse to meet with everyone, in the same room, at the same time?
The Ministry has met with almost everyone separately. Several times, in fact.
Why not try getting together and problem-solve in good faith?