March 24, 2014
The poor boys thought scoring was a “Done Deal” but others and the law appear to disagree.
Demanding the Ontario Municipal Board, OMB give them their precious re-zoning orders “RFN” (full 10,000 houses):
- before the environmental assessments are done (a no-n0, especially see RAMSAR certified Minesing Wetlands),
- before the current house negro township Council majority gets their increasingly-apparent doofus rubber-stamp on the crucial re-zoning orders,
- before Margaret Atwood and Friends (Michael Ondaatje, Joseph Boyden, Maude Barlow, Neil & Pegi Young, and John Ralston Saul) show up at Nursery Road and Springwater Park-Camp Nibi,
- before the township’s Oct 27th township election allows democracy to do its purging work again,
- before a new Minister (Linda Jeffrey quits Ontario cabinet to run for Brampton mayor) is appointed,
- before a former Kingston municipal politician retires and passes Ontario’s 1st anti-SLAPP law, and
- before Premier Wynne calls a spring provincial election, which would give her ….
….the pretense for a ministerial order overthrowing 100% of the financially reckless, environmentally-catastrophic Midhurst Secondary Plan.
With the stroke of a pen.
End Run Analogy: Colloquially, it has come to mean an attempt to avoid a difficult situation by dodging it without confronting it directly, or to attempt to circumvent someone’s authority by appealing to a different authority. Wikipedia
Come out to Council meeting tonight at 5:30 pm or the county museum tomorrow night to smell the fear and loathing.
Posted on voteLesStewart.ca and iLoveMidhurst.ca.
December 26, 2013
Democracy is fragile.
When it twisted to serve power instead of justice, history shows hate and violence rise up.
“Five Thousand (5,000) anti-democratic, Family Compact, Château Clique, Orange Order have taken over the streets of Montreal.”
— Louis-Hippolyte LaFontaine and Robert Baldwin, John Ralston Saul
Cross-posted on iLoveMidhurst.ca.
December 7, 2013
Or will they simply watch as Midhurst, Elmvale and the rest of the former Flos and Vespra township communities be destroyed?
Why?: The Ontario development industry likes the toothless Ontario Municipal Act too much. They want their interests (acting through a puppet majority) to deliver them the zoning for the land they want in south Simcoe County so they can have Springwater Township ask for a friendly annexation from Barrie.
And the raw land controllers (eg. the endangered forests Ministry of Natural Resources and County of Simcoe and the blind ambition of the City of Barrie and the Premier’s office) will profit by looking the other way (see some of the institutional land holdings in south Springwater Township). Delivering these forests and green spaces helps top up any serving politician’s RRSPs.
- See the colourful land areas below that we as citizens own but elected politicians control? When ownership is separated from control and those in control use self-interest and deceit, this defines the word “opportunism“. In a government setting, this is old-fashioned definition of the word “corruption”.
Springwater Park: This is how you establish $2-million estates on the park’s ponds and give the township, county, City of Barrie and province a big chunk of land for their administrative mausoleums. See Map 1 as to what our past, current and (likely) future politicians get from re-zoning the former tree seedling compartments south of Highway 26 inside the park to “Administration/Government” (blue areas)
(see the blue areas within the green and tan “Environmental Protection I and II” areas?)
(carving up Springwater Park since 2008)
(the grey rectangles just above the “A”: lots more building, lots less trees)
No wonder it took some time to validate the clearly illegal Midhurst Secondary Plan: the county needed their vig. Corrupting the Midhurst ratepayers’ leadership would come some time later.
Cross-posted on iLoveMidhurst.ca.